- Yes. The Bournemouth Marathon Festival is an inclusive festival of running and we welcome entries from wheelchair and handbike users across all of our races. There are no separate wheelchair or handbike races, anyone entering the events will be included within the mass field for their respective race.
Anyone taking part in a wheelchair or handbike must be self propelled for the entire race, therefore, participants in electric wheelchairs and individuals being pushed by a friend/colleague are not permitted on the course.
We will do everything that we can to accommodate wheelchair and handbike users but there are also time limits which all entrants must stay within. Any entrants who are predicted to complete the course significantly ahead of the elite field can unfortunately not be accommodated on the course as the event operates on roads which are closed for a limited period of time and would not provide a safe route to anyone significantly ahead of the elite field. There are also maximum time limits for all races which are outlined above. These times are designed to be as inclusive as possible but anyone entering an event must be able to stay within the time limit as key course facilities such as closed roads, hydration stations and toilets cannot remain in place indefinitely.
As event organisers we will ensure that we can accept entrants from wheelchair and handbike users across all events wherever possible but there may be some circumstances in which this isn't possible. If you are unsure as to whether the factors outlined above will impact upon your entry, please contact our event team using the contact form at the bottom of this page and we will be happy to help.
- Official Bournemouth Marathon Festival items will be delivered within 3 weeks of your order. Overseas deliveries may take longer. Bus tickets will be downloadable from your my details account within two weeks of the race.
- You can update your address and password by logging in to my details and clicking the 'contact info' button. Please note: you must have the correct predicted time and address details in your my details account by Sunday 16th August 2015. After this date neither your predicted time nor address can be updated, no exceptions. Click here for more info on your my details account.
- Mp3 players or other devices plugged into the ear are banned whilst running for reasons of health & safety, both yours and other competitors. When you wear such a device you are unable to hear other competitors, cars, bicycles or marshals instructions.
- Bus tickets will be available to purchase from our online shop in due course. You will be able to download and print your bus ticket from your my details account from Monday 21st September, 2015. Please note that there may be a parking fee payable at the car park - this is not covered by your bus ticket.
- Yes we can! Please click here to go to our transport page.
- Click here to view where the hydration stations are for the marathon and half marathon? There will be High5 energy gels at the energy stations. There will not be energy drinks.
- No. There are no pacers at this event.
- My Sporting Times who produce the iTaB Medal Insert for us and dispatch time is three weeks. If you have not received yours within 3 weeks of race weekend please complete the contact form below.
What you need to do is create a my details account for your child and enter them in the same way that you would enter yourself. If you wish to use your email address, you can do, however you would need to make sure that the password is different to your own account. If you are seeing 'entries closed' next to the junior race option, it will be because you're logged into your own account.
- Can I take my dog on the shuttle bus?
No, only guide dogs are allowed on the shuttle buses.
- What size of t-shirt should I choose?
A guide to the size of our finishers t-shirts can be found here. Please note that we pre-order t-shirts based on the size that you chose when you entered and is printed on your race number - please ensure that this is the size that you collect when passing through the finish funnels.
- Does my child need their own bus ticket?
Bus tickets are priced per person. If your child is an infant and needs to sit on your knee, then they do not require their own ticket. However, if your child requires their own seat, then a ticket must be purchased for them.
Charity runners: please click here to view our charity runner faqs