Disclaimer: We may receive a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Best Treadmills Under $500 Reviewed
Many people choose to have a treadmill in their home. The convenience of running without trudging through cold or wet weather has a lot of appeal.
Running is the most common use for a treadmill, but you can do a wide variety of other exercises. That’s why it’s important to know what features you are looking for before you start shopping for the best treadmill under $500.
In years gone by, you would’ve needed to spend thousands to find a great treadmill that offers the features you need to be ready for use. Treadmills today are remarkably affordable, and can help you carry on your running routine in the convenience of your own home.
It is important that before you purchase a treadmill that you measure the space that you have available and check to see the dimensions when it is folded. In fact, there are a lot of features than can make a treadmill perform better than another.
Running is also great cardio, which is great for people who are seeking weight loss and building up stamina. A treadmill is a perfect way to increase your endurance and can help you to achieve your overall fitness goals.
If you are in the market for a budget treadmill that can perform, these reviews are all strong contenders. They have a range of features that are great for beginners and experts alike.
Check out the comparison chart for an easy side-by-side of features and benefits. If you are looking for some of the finer details, like a particular display that you need, or if you like to have an iPad stand, then our treadmill reviews will provide you with a deep dive into all the popular features.
Check Out Our Favorite Treadmill Under $500
Top Treadmills Under $500 Comparison Chart
Best Treadmill Under $500
The price for this might be surprising when you see how many features it has. It has both walking and jogging settings and is more for a lighter capacity. The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill comes with a great Bluetooth console that has 12 preset programs. This makes it really easy for you to find a workout that works best for you.
The frame is robust and durable steel, which can hold users up to 250lbs. The steel bars are coated with a corrosion-resistant paint finish too. Due to the weight of the unit, it is very sturdy for its size, and in result allows the runner to feel fully supported and secure.
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-T7515 Smart Treadmill does have a foldable deck, but you will still need at least two feet of clearance on the sides and three feet at the rear.
You also benefit from several shock absorption points, too, meaning it is more forgiving on your joints than running on the pavement.
There is are 12 incline options available, ranging from 0-12%. The controls are gradual, and you have an adjustment control on the left corner of your console or on the left handlebar. Which means you have full control as you use the treadmill.
A slight drawback is that while the unit is Bluetooth enabled, you need to hold the bars to get your heart rate.
The Sunny Health & Fitness Smart Treadmill isn’t the lightest of units, but that makes it ideal for those who don’t need to move the treadmill around. It also has a very cool soft drop mechanic. This mechanism will help you to lower the deck when ready to use. It will also help to prevent any accidents or damage during the unfolding.
You will need to plug this treadmill into the wall, as it requires to be plug into the circuit. Another bonus to this treadmill is that it is quiet and doesn’t use a lot of power to run.
- Quick Button Auto Incline
- 12 levels of incline: 0% to 12% incline
- 3 countdown modes: Time Speed and Calories
- Speed Range: 1 - 8 miles per hour
- Integrated Body Mass Index Calculator - Reference Only
Space is a premium, and folding treadmills can give you the option of working out without eating up space in your home. The MAXKARE Folding Treadmill is ergonomically designed so that it can support people from 4’6ft to 6.2.ft.
It has a strong steel frame, so the unit is supportive and sturdy, and it comes with a well-sized LCD display. There are 15 preset programs to choose from, which makes it ideal for beginners, as they can quickly choose a program to hit the ground running.
The display will show you calories burned, speed, distance, and heart rate. The heart rate can be read when using the hand-pulse monitor. It gives you everything you really need to know as you work out. It has a cup holder and phone holder, too, so you can make sure that you are hydrated and entertained as you work out.
This treadmill can support a weight up to 220lbs and has an extra-wide multi-layer tread belt.
And of course, the main detail is that it can fold down and be stored away very easily.
Standing: 53.39” x 26.18” x 45.95”
Folded: 28.47” x 26.18” x 46.42”
This unit doesn’t have front wheels, which can make it slightly more difficult to adjust once you have unfolded it.
The motor is very quiet, which means you aren’t going to be bothered by it. It has a sleek design, which means it is enjoyable to use, and if you choose not to fold it down, then it will look nice.
- MaxKare treadmill equipped with large LCD display and 15 Pre-set programs, easy One-touch operation helps you enjoy the joy of running at home. You can monitor real-time data for each exercise, including speed, time, calories, distance and heart rate.
- MaxKare running machine is equipped with a powerful and pure copper motor which can not only bring you a silent running experience but also adjust the running speed from 0.5 to 8.5MPH
- 17 inch wide Multi-layer tread belt and world first whole machine anti-shock system can withstand a maximum weight of 220 pounds. Which bring a better running experience and at the same time protect your knees to the maximum to prevent injury during exercise.
- Foldable design not only helps you easily assembly the treadmill, but also helps you to Store/Move the treadmill in small space.
- We provide 24/7 friendly customer service, if you have any problem with our product, please fell free to contact with us through Amazon.
The Merax Electric Folding Treadmill has a great number of features and is excellent for a treadmill under $500. It gives you one of the most enjoyable ways to work out at home and has some features that you would usually expect to find on higher priced treadmills.
There are no shortage of preset workouts. Coming in with 12 built-in workout programs, the Merax treadmill makes it super easy to mix up your work outs on your treadmill. The LCD display is crisp and clean, and it also has an iPad/ cell phone holder too. The LCD display tracks speed, time, distance, calories, and heart rate.
The running surface is large, so it is great for those who prefer to run rather than jog or walk. The suspension is designed to support your body in the best way too. The biomechanically correct suspension makes sunning more comfortable on your joints. The Merax Electric Folding Treadmill can support a weight of up to 250lbs.
The Merax Electric Folding Treadmill comes with a warranty for both the motor and the frame.
The compact frame is very sturdy, the motor is quiet, and as the unit is on wheels, it can be easily moved and store away.
Standing: 55” x 23.5” x 43”
Folded: 29.5” x 23.5” x 49”
One of the only issues with this unit is that the handles are not adjustable, so if you are 6ft or more, then you may have trouble.
- 【Real Space Saver】Super fast and easy assembly. This Merax folding treadmill boasts a compact footprint and fast folding design with convenient transportation wheels to move around without hassle. You can either store it in your living room, study, a small corner or under the bed.
- 【Multi-functional Display with Speakers】Multi-functional LCD Display to track your performance in time, speed, distance and calories burnt, promising a superior and effective home treadmill workout. Simply plug in your phone or insert USB flash drive, and you can emerge into training with your workout playlist. Phone/Pad deck available.
- 【Strong 1.5HP Motor】A smooth and quiet 1.5HP treadmill motor allows for 12 preset programs and 3 count-down modes, supports speeds ranging from 0.8 – 12 KM/H (0.5 – 7.5 MPH) to help you meet a variety of fitness goals.
- 【Convenient Shortcut Buttons】Quick buttons on handles help instantly start or stop the running machine or easily change speed settings during workout. This Merax treadmill is also specially designed with a high-density lawn texture belt that absorbs shock for premium comfort with non-slip feature for maximum safety.
- Merax treadmill product Size: 55” x 23.5” x 43”. Folded Size: 29.5” x 23.5” x 49”. Max weight capacity: 240 LBS. To play music via speaker, use flash drive only (.mp3 format). The USB port does not support playing music on phone.
Boasting a quiet motor and a compact design, the SerenLife Smart Digital Folding Treadmill has plenty of features that make it a great purchase for a treadmill under $500. This treadmill is better suited to those who want to walk or jog rather than those who want a serious run.
Standing: 49.6 x 24 x 51.2
Folded: 27.5 x 24 x 51.2
Its compact folding size is ideal for those who have minimal space and wish to store their treadmill elsewhere when not in use.
You can create a range of training modes, or you can use the preset training models that come with the SerenLife Smart Digital Folding Treadmill. One of the great features here is the adjustable speed settings, so you can increase how intense your workout is as you go.
The SerenLife Smart Digital Folding Treadmill has Bluetooth and links to the FitShow sports app. It takes you standard workout routines and turns them into something more exciting. The app is available on iOS & Android and can work on different devices via Bluetooth.
The FitShow workout app upgrades your workout time, and you can even share your progress on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter quickly. The app also links to HealthKit and collects and saves your workout data too. Making it an ideal choice for those who share their workouts and progress on social media.
The LCD screen is clear and shows run time, speed, calories burned, heart rate, and distance. So it is easy to see your progress.
The SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Electric Treadmill also features a bright red emergency shut-off button. This turns the power off immediately.
One of the interesting features that the SereneLife Smart Digital Folding Electric Treadmill has is a simple tray that can hold a book or a tablet. So if you don’t love working out but know you have to, then this is ideal for keeping you on the treadmill a little bit longer.
- SPORTS APP CONNECTION: Links to FitShow sports app to make boring exercise routines to exciting fitness sessions. The app is available for iOS & Android & works with various devices such as phones, laptops & tablets via Bluetooth connectivity
- SPACE SAVER DESIGN: This treadmill is portable & foldable for easy setup & storage. It comes with simple electric plug-in design, motorized treadmill power of 1.5HP, built-in grip sensors for pulse monitoring & adjustable speed up to 7.5mph
- LARGE RUNNING SURFACE: 15.75" x 43.30" walking/running surface, Start/Stop and speed control on the handles for easy control, And a 5" digital LCD display screen with touch button controls that displays run time, distance, speed, calories burned.
- 16 PRESET TRAINING MODES: Creating a customized fitness session is easy as this digital exercise equipment comes with selectable preset training modes. It also features adjustable speed settings to increase the intensity of your workout
- 3 MANUAL INCLINE SETTING: The SereneLife running machine is equipped with 3 manual incline and built in speakers making it the best option for your home, gym, etc. Compact size makes it apt for small apartments
The treadmill is designed for walking, jogging, and running. So perfect for a high range of users. It also has a huge 39 preset programs that the user can choose from—giving this treadmill some serious flexibility for the user. It can also have three user-defined programs that you can set. Each of the presets will provide ten time-based segments that can guide the user through a more scientifically based workout.
The backlit LED display has a brilliant HD resolution and has phone or iPad brackets. It can also have white digital subtitles. Making it easy for many people to use.
The LED monitor will show time, speed, pulse, calories, program, and even body fat.
The fold-down design means that it is easy to transport, and it can even be completely folded down when you have removed the handrails. This makes it possible to store the treadmill in a cupboard or even under a bed.
The user will also get a 12 months part warranty and a 24-hour service via telephone to ensure you have a great customer experience.
The three-second countdown mode can help ease you into your workout. The non-slip, wide, and thick running deck gives a 48 x 18 running width. It provides good shock absorption, and that can really help for those who struggle with knee and ankle issues due to running or jogging on the pavement.
- Light-commercial Silent Powerful Motor: With 3.0 HP drives system and self-cooling technology, ADVENOR Treadmill provides steady and prolonged speeds of 1 – 14 km/h without noise. It’s suitable for users of all fitness levels in the family with the 3 manual incline position by manual adjustment
- 5-inch Large Backlit Monitor: With high definition and contrast, it’s easy to read and allows the user to track the real-time data including time, speed, pulse, distance, calories, program, and body fat.
- 64 Pre-set Training Programs: You have 64 options in 8 modes with 8 different specific intensity levels for each mode based on your personal physical condition and fitness goal. The high-quality audio and MP3 cable helps you enjoy the joy of running at home
- Wide Running Belt & Anti-shock System: Large area of running surface: 47.3" x 17". Thickness of running deck: 15mm. 8 pcs of shock cushions locating in different areas under the deck effectively decompose the impact and reduce the knee injury caused.
- Foldable Design & Transportation Wheels: Easy to move and compact to store, perfect for running, jogging, and walking at home. Accessory holders can conveniently hold your water bottle, portable devices.
Top Treadmills Under $500 Features To Consider
The type of treadmill you buy is going to depend on your needs. Here are some things to consider:
How much can you spend on your treadmill?
One of the first steps you should make before purchasing a treadmill, is determining your allotted budget. It can help you narrow down what your actual needs are for your treadmill. It is easy to get carried away with brand names and all the bells and whistles, but if you allow yourself to get carried away, you can end up spending thousands on treadmill when you could have just a happy with one under $500. So plan accordingly!
How many people will be using the treadmill?
This is another aspect to consider before purchasing your treadmill. Some of the preset information features on some of the treadmills can become real handy if you have more than 1 runner/walker using the machine. It allows you to keep track of personal progress and log in your times, weight and distances.
Do you have space for the treadmill you want?
This factor is crucial! I can’t tell you how many times we’ve seen someone buy a treadmill that is slightly too big for their space. After hours of assembly, they have to tear it back down and order a new one. Don’t let that be your reality! It only takes a minute to look up up the dimensions of the treadmill, and measure the area in which your are considering placing your treadmill. Folks, take our advice, measure twice and your life will be nice!
How often will you use the treadmill?
This is a completely personalize question. But a very important one for YOU to determine. Some of you have the intention to use it a few times a week just for walking, others may be logging in some serious running miles. Whatever your intent is, be real with yourself and make sure you purchase the proper machine for you specific work load.
For those who will use it sparingly – you don’t need the biggest brandname treadmill to walk one mile three times a week, so consider saving some of your hard earned money, and get a well built model for a couple hundred bucks!
For those who will be pounding the pavement – Don’t skimp on a model that won’t hold up to the workload you have prepared for it. Do some research and find one that will crush you expectations.
Are there any features that you need to have?
Another completely personalized question for YOU to determine is what features are a must have? Some of you may say, “Listen, all I need is the motor, tread, and adjustable speed. No cup holders and phone stands for me!” others, may want an incline option, other’s may want to have their personal profile login on the treadmill. So think through all of you expectations, and determine what features are a must for your treadmill.
Why Should you Buy a Treadmill?
Exercise bikes and treadmills are two of the most popular at-home workout equipment pieces for home gyms. They are both easy to use and lightweight. Treadmills are particularly great because they usually have more features and versatility than an exercise bike. When thinking about treadmills, if you’re on the fence, there are some great reasons to buy a treadmill under $500.
With a treadmill, you can improve your fitness and lose weight too. Treadmills can be a great part of a healthy lifestyle – without the gym membership costs.
You can track your own improvements over time. You have more time available for you to track your speed, distance, how inclined the treadmill is, and more. So you can track your progress more easily.
Your treadmill doesn’t have opening hours. So if you wake up at 4 am and want to run for a while, you can.
Everyone in the home can use it. If you have teens and you don’t want them to be running late at night or before school, a treadmill can help.
If you are self-conscious about your level of fitness and don’t want to go to a gym, then a treadmill is the perfect alternative.
What is an Electric Treadmill?
An electric treadmill is motorized, unlike other treadmill options that require the user to run and move the belt. The electric treadmill will usually have a range of features that can help the user make the most of their workout too. Being able to view how far, how long, and the calories burned is a great addition to many workouts.
Why Should You Choose a Foldable Treadmill?
If you are short on space, then you should try to opt for a foldable treadmill. They might take a few minutes to take down, but in general, they are the ideal solution. If you have set workout days, then you can pack your treadmill away until you need to take it out again to do your workout.